As there are a drastic increase in the implementation of Hadoop in traditional enterprise, there is a high demand for the Hadoop Admin and operations to take care of the Hadoop bunch. With that, the need of Hadoop Admins are becoming vital.
Responsibilities of a Hadoop Admin
- They are responsible for the implementation and Hadoop infrastructure administration.
- Creation and the management of clusters also removing nodes using Nagios, Cloudera, Dell open manage and other similar tools.
- Proposing and deploying the new hardwares and softwares required for Hadoop and also to expand the existing enviroment. This is done by working with the system engineering team.
- Managing and reviewing of hadoop log files.
- Monitoring and managing the file system.
- Screening hadoop cluster job performance and planning of the capacity.
- Being a point of contact for the escalations from vendors.
- Maintenance and support of HDFS
Data Warehousing Development Responsibilities of Hadoop Administrator:
- Ensuring the referential integrity
- Performing the execution of primary key.
- Accomplishing the restatements of data.
- Loading the high data volumen in timely manner.
DBA Responsibilities of a Hadoop Administrator:
- Designing and implementing based on the recognized standards.
- Automating the manual tasks.
- Management of the disk space.
- Connectivity and security of the database.
- Backup and recovery of the database.
- Installation and configuration of softwares.
These are the responsibilities and now lets see the skills required for becoming a Hadoop Administrator.
Skills Required to become a Hadoop Administrator:
- Skills like HBase, Hive, Mahout etc
- Should be able to deploy Clusters, remove or add the nodes.
- Keeping track of the jobs
- Monitoring of critical parts of the cluster.
- Knowledge of Linux.
Follow the button below to get started with the Hadoop Admin career.
We provide best online hadoop developer online training. Click below to learn more.