Tableau makes analytics easy to understand. Tableau is for analysts, executives and IT professionals. Tableau is classified into two different tools:
- Developer Tools – Developer Tools which are used to create dashboards, analytics and visualizations. Tableau Desktop and Tableau Public come under Developer Tools.
- Sharing Tools – Sharing Tools are those which uses Developer tools to share dashboards, analytics and visualizations to the audiences. Tableau Server and Tableau Online come under this category.
The benefits of using these products are it connects data very fast, no programming needed to use Tableau products, sharing ability is very fast, and one can explore any data with Tableau.
Different Types of Tableau versions:
- Tableau Desktop – This version of Tableau is basically for everyone. As it is one of the Development Tools, all development work done on Tableau Desktop. It automatically converts pictures of data into optimized database queries. One can create reports, charts, etc. and make it for dashboard.
Tableau Desktop is divided into two sub category: Personal and Professional version. Personal Tableau Desktop, one can’t connect to the listed data sources, whereas in Professional Tableau Desktop, one can connect to all data sources.
- Tableau Public – It is a free product offered by Tableau Company. It is used to publish interactive data in the website. It is similar to Tableau Desktop, the only difference is that it is limited to the data. There is no security, anyone can view and download your data. It can be used for both – development and sharing purposes.
- Tableau Server – Tableau Server is a Sharing tool which is used to share and create visualizations for organizations with full security. It is available for browser as well as mobile based insights. It is very easy to share your created dashboard throughout the company. The only limitation is, one should use Tableau Desktop first to create the dashboards and then use Tableau Server for sharing the data.
- Tableau Online– tableau Online is the sharing tool which is used as high-performance data repositories. It is basically hosted in SaaS Cloud version. The only limitation with Tableau Online is that the editing of workbooks, visualizations and dashboards are limited to the no. or rows & server data connections is required.
|Tableau Desktop||Tableau Public||Tableau Server||Tableau Online|
|Price||Personal – $999
Professional – $1999
|Free Product||Depending upon core licensing||$500|
|Source of Data||All listed data sources||Excel and text files||All listed data sources||All listed data sources|
|Features||Visual analysis in a click, Deep statistics, Metadata management, Data engine and Mapping.||Visual analysis in a click, Deep statistics, Metadata management, Data engine and Mapping.||Flexible data architecture, Automatic updates, Scalable and Secure||Data management, Cloud data connections, Reliable service and Automatic update|
|OS||Windows & Apple||NA||Windows only||NA|
|Security||Data not secure||Data not secure||Secure Data||Secure Data|
Try the versions of Tableau according to your needs and get the benefits from analytics.
Visit out website and book free demo session for Tableau Online Training