RPA-at the forefront of cutting edge technologies
RPA or Robotic Process Automation is the leverage of software with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning capabilities to automate processes by synthesizing data, related to repeatable tasks which are high in volume. RPA is at the forefront of cutting edge technologies, where the artificial intelligence of software is being increasingly utilized in real life scenarios.
RPA is different from traditional automation software as it is inherently capable of recognizing and adapting to deviations in data or exceptions when confronted by large volumes of data. In effect, it can be intelligently trained to analyze large amounts of data from software processes and translate them to triggers for new actions, responses, and communication with other systems.
RPA is slowly establishing itself as a sought after technology in diverse fields such as insurance, finance, procurement, supply chain management (SCM), Human Resource Management (HRM), Medicine, Research and Development, Banking, IT etc. Researchers are continually exploring the different ways in which RPA can help better the processes, efficiency, and expedite back-office and middle-office tasks in these fields
Relevance of RPA
Although at first glance it appears expensive for an organization to invest in RPA it has some long-term benefits that cannot be ignored
- It reduces the cost of outsourcing and operating costs. It increases productivity by taking up mundane tasks from regular employees who are in turn assigned more high-quality work
- Since data is collected and monitored by any RPA System the bi-product is that the system becomes audit and regulatory compliant
- Highly repeated tasks get automated
- Processes become more standardized with fewer overheads
- Increased efficiency optimization and process excellence
Career in RPA – A chance to be pioneers
There is a lack of skilled candidates in the RPA sector even though it is still in its early days. According to recent studies so far only 1% of companies have invested in 1% of their RPA potential. The demand for RPA professionals will increase even further as the RPA Sector is estimated to grow by leaps and bounds in the near future as more and more organizations understand the value that RPA adds to their business processes and adopt it. Some compelling reasons to pursue a career in RPA are as follows
- There is a demand for skilled workers trained in RPA, who recognize the importance of RPA and are genuinely interested in pursuing a career in RPA for life.
- This demand is expected to grow manifold in the coming years as companies understand the intrinsic advantages that RPA offers.
- Pay scales for RPA Professionals are very high when compared to their counterparts in other technologies
- Be a part of teams where more and more breakthroughs in cutting-edge RPA technologies are being made every day
- Flexibility to work across industries and leverage RPA skills to break new ground in that industry
So pursuing a career in RPA is not only lucrative and attractive but it is a unique opportunity to be pioneers and create milestones in a technology that is largely untouched.
Who Can Pursue a Career in RPA?
While RPA itself is very popular as a career option we also need to explore whether a person interested in RPA has an aptitude to pursue this seriously as a career option
- An understanding or working knowledge of coding languages such as C# and Java is a must to learn RPA
- An interest and aptitude to understand and handle large amounts of data
- Creativity and imagination to continually understand and look for ways in which processes can be automated and streamlined
- Attention to detail to understand the intricacies of the steps that take place in any mundane task and how it can be made better.
- An interest in learning and keeping up-to-date with latest developments in the RPA Technology
- Fast learning and capacity to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of RPA
Tools of RPA – Automating for Process Excellence
There are many RPA tools available to RPA users for diverse needs and applications. Some of them are Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, UI Path, Work Fusion, Open Span, Visual Cron, Synt Bots, Softomotive, Leo Robotic Process Automation etc. Some prominent tools are as follows
The organization Blue Prism is a pioneer in the RPA field. They coined the term RPA. The Blue Prism tool helps you expedite back office and middle office processes by automating them. It helps rapidly automate manual or rule based mundane or redundant business operations and processes thus reducing cost, errors and achieving process excellence. This helps organizations divert the skilled workforce to more meaningful and challenging tasks which cannot be automated.
This tool helps us to gather and process complex, handwritten data from sources such as forms, checks, documents or any unformatted pieces of writing such as letters. This data is processed and organized into databases like any normal machine readable or digital data which can be easily retrieved and utilized later.
Automation Anywhere was created by industry experts to emulate not only IT processes but also cognitive human behavior. Unlike other RPA Softwares the data it processes also includes human behavior patterns. Using this data it automates and streamlines many business processes and tasks providing you an easy solution for a digital workforce.
Arago helps provide solutions specifically for B2B by using Artificial Intelligence and Analytical Components. They help automate IT Enterprise Operations. Arago has a strong network of partners comprising of system vendors, service providers, and IT consultancies
UI Path Tool
The UI Path tool is a software automation and application integration expert. It helps companies understand flaws and bottlenecks in their business processes, compliance and training and to automate them to increase employee productivity and customer service.
Open Span provides automation solutions that actively provide for customer base and lifetime growth, profit margins growth and process efficiency. It uses robotic automation and workforce analytics to reduce the burden on Customer Service representatives (CSR’s) by performing routine desktop tasks often eliminating several times consuming but mundane jobs. It frees up employees to engage in more customer facing tasks enabling them to deliver outstanding customer service thus increasing employee job satisfaction and productivity.
RPA is here to stay and seamlessly integrate into every aspect of our business processes. It makes sense to invest in a career in RPA that is bound to be filled with exciting new developments at every stage. If you are looking for an exciting and highly rewarding career with new developments, breakthroughs, and learning at every stage RPA is the solution for you.