Informatica PowerCenter is a widely used extraction, transformation and loading (ETL) tool used in building enterprise data warehouses. The components within Informatica PowerCenter aid in extracting data from its source, transforming it as per business requirements and loading it into a target data warehouse. Informatica PowerCenter is produced by Informatica Corp.
The main components of Informatica PowerCenter are its client tools, server, repository server and repository. The PowerCenter server and repository server make up the ETL layer, which completes the ETL processing. The PowerCenter server executes tasks based on work flow created by work flow managers. The work flows can be monitored using a work flow monitor. Jobs inside the program are designed in a mapping designer, which creates mapping between source and target. Mapping is a pictorial representation about flow of data from source to target. Transformations such as aggregation, filtering and joining are major examples of transformation.
Why to choose Informatica as a Career?
Informatica is a great tool to start with and you can advance at a much better pace in your career with this. Down the line you can definitely switch or go for more advance Informatica add-on tools. Comparing to other equivalent tools in the market, Informatica has much more market share and it’s easy to learn and understand as well. Informatica is bit peculiar besides its competitor like Abinitio, because it’s a widely used tool and the one which is affordable by tier 3 companies compared to the costly Abinitio. There are plenty of data warehouse projects – development, testing and maintenance. For the next 5-10 years there is no doubt that Informatica will be one among top searched skill set.
I have listed down few key points which will help you on why to choose Informatica as a career..
- No programming knowledge is necessary to work in this tool. If you know a programming language it could be utilized in either building new connectors or within the Custom Transformation.
- It is the best in its category (Data Integration, Data Quality) since a long time by now even though it has been competing with the best ones in the industry: Microsoft, IBM, Oracle
- Its growth is certain & foundation is rock solid as it keeps a foot not only in Windows/Unix/Linux but also in cloud & Big Data.
- With this course, you can literally process data from anywhere to anywhere.
- It has fully detailed materials available all over the web for learning or enhancing your tool knowledge. Its support team is also amongst the best.
- Once you learn this tool, the work will keep coming (in your current org. or the next)… It’s on you to decide for how long you want to work on this…
- And the plus point as an ETL developer is it opens the gate to the world of big data. There are ETL parts of it where in we can get to start working in it and also build other skills of big data and keep ourselves updated.
Informatica powercenter is for sure getting popular as an ETL tool. With so many online ecommerce ventures coming up, people with Informatica, ETL/Data warehouse knowledge will be given preference. There is good scope for informatica currently. You can start learning informatica by enrolling for our Informatica online training courses. Visit HERE to know more about our Informatica training.
Visit our website to book a free demo session on Informatica Tutorial
Click here to know more about Informatica Training